About the Museum

Our History

The Historical Society was organized in 1923. The initial collection was displayed in a few handmade cases in the basement of the Grundy County Courthouse. Eventually in 2001, the Society rented a storefront on Liberty Street in Morris.

In 2008, space was purchased in the historic Coleman Hardware Building and our Museum was fully realized. After 84 years, the collection finally had a permanent home. In 2018 we added an additional 5,000 square feet for display, storage and research purposes. We offer private tours of the Museum and the Caboose with 24 hours notice. In addition the Museum has a meeting room which can comfortably seat up to 10 people around a conference table or 30 people in auditorium seating for use before or after a tour.

Our Board of Directors

  • Marion Gore, President
  • Donna Srocynski, Vice President
  • Sue Cunnea, Treasurer
  • Lisa Barkley, Secretary
  • David Finch
  • JoEllyn Johnson
  • Theresa Lamb
  • Duane Wolfe
  • Karen Zelko
%d bloggers like this: