The Morris Grain Elevator memorabilia was kept by the former manager, Fred Coop. This elevator was built in 1901 on North Liberty Street, across from the Rock Island Railroad Depot. It included oat clipping and grain drying equipment—everything needed to ship grain to market. Here we have ledger books showing grain sales by local farmers, an ancient accounting machine, the intercom, and the chair where farmers would come and sit to “chew the fat.”
The door was salvaged from the Elevator before the building was torn down in 1991.