This case contains bricks from the first city hall. It was built in 1868 at the corner of Wauponsee & Main. It held city offices, police department, fire department and even the first public library. When it was torn down in 1895 bricks were saved and sold as mementos.
The original gas main was made of cedar wood. These pipes were laid when gas was introduced into Morris around 1895, before electricity came in 1910. Sections of the pipe were saved by some NiCor Gas workers when these underground pipes were replaced in the 1970s.
The paving bricks are from Liberty Street, paved in 1910.